- > Grape: 80%
Merlot & 10% Blaufränkisch & 10% Zweigelt
M1, the best the Markowitsch Winery has to offer!
This wine is produced only in exceptional vintages and is our greatest challenge regarding terroir and Vinification
- > Vineyard and soil: Sandy loam soils with lime-rich subsoil
- > Harvest: Early to mid-October by extreme manual selection
- > Fermentation: Fermentation on the skins at 30-32°C in wooden fermentation vats, maceration period of 24-30 days.
- > Vinification: 24 months in French oak barriques
- > Alcohol: 15.1%vol, > Residual sugar: 1.3g/l, > Acidity: 5.2g/l
- > Description: Dark ruby-garnet, fine nuances of fruit and roast flavours, incredibly juicy and dense fruit, the wood perfectly integrated, a superb wine by any measure
- > Recommended with: Ideal with venison, lamb and all other hearty meat dishes – and definitely the wine for special occasions
- > Serving temperature: 16-18°C.